Sunday, July 24, 2005

Conference High

I'm curently prepping for the ginormous RWA annual conference in Reno, NV. I've never been to Reno, but hear it's the armpit of the universe. I'm willing to give it a shot. Hey, they have a Trader Joe's there, which gives it one up on the Southeast.

The annual conference is my favorite thing in the world. What could be better than being surrounded by 2000 like-minded writers at every stage of their careers? Everyone from Nora Roberts to lowly unpublished peons like, well, me will be there. My friend Liz Bemis is a Golden Heart finalist this year, as is my dear friend Jenna Ness. There are also three finalists in my chapter, Heart of Carolina Romance Writers, so I have many people to cheer for.

I'll be busy pitching to Tara Gavin, Sr. Editor for Harlequin's NEXT line and hopefully meeting at some point with Kathryn Lye (my future editor). I've also volunteered for way too many things, so I'll be busy, busy, busy. Wish me luck with all this writing busyness. Hopefully, even better things will come from this conference than from the fabulous one in Dallas last year.

Best of luck to everyone who is heading to conference!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM , Blogger Liz Bemis said...

It was great to see you at the conference! How goes the writing?

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Caren Crane said...

Conference was fab and Liz Bemis was the best! The writing goes well. I'm on Ch 4 of the ms I just started after conference. Have abandoned the WIP for now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home