Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Good Foundation

So, I got this book by Danica Lo called "How Not To Look Fat". Excellent book for the "apple body", those women more blessed with boobs than butt. I'm not one of those: I am a "pear". But my youngest daughter is an apple and I had no idea how to dress a figure like hers, hence the purchase.

Although the book addresses far more "apple" than "pear" issues, it contains valuable advice for all of us about: what colors to wear where (no white jeans for me); what cuts of jeans (and pockets!) are most flattering; who should avoid shorts and mini-skirts altogether; and, which foundation garments really work.

Having gained more than a couple of pounds since conference last year, I found myself in need of a newer, stronger, better foundation garment. Danica recommends Rago Shapewear, an old standby in the Northeast and something we have never heard about down South. I ordered one online the first week in July. I'm still waiting to receive it. Conference is in a week. Panic!

The lovely dress I bought for the RWA Awards Banquet will look absolutely horrible without some very firm hip-molding action. A year of Pilates would have done it, too, but it's a bit late now. If the wonder girdle doesn't arrive, there will be a mad scramble for a local girdle. Which will not be Danica-recommended. The horror!

And so you know, the horror will be shared with whoever has to see me in the pretty red dress with my hips bulging. So you had better all hope the girdle gets here on time. More to come.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love Rago - you should try bubbles bodywear and spanx too.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Caren Crane said...

Thanks, Tamara! I haven't heard of Bubbles, but was hearing raves about Spanx this year around RWA conference time. Will definitely be trying them next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home