Monday, August 14, 2006

Conference Woes and Wows

As always, the RWA National conference was a fantastic ride! This year, it was extraordinary because I was a Golden Heart finalist in the Novel With Strong Romantic Elements category. Alas, I was not the winner. But attending conference as a finalist was so much fun.

I was privileged to meet many of my 2006 GH finalist contemporaries. We named ourselves the '06 Packers (pun intended) and hope to some day be as acclaimed as the Wet Noodle Posse.
They got a mention from Susan Elizabeth Phillips when she made her acceptance speech for the RWA Lifetime Achievement Award (which was very well-deserved, I must say). We wouldn't mind recognition like that (either the mention or the Lifetime Achievement Award).

Many of the '06 Packers have already sold their GH finalist manuscripts. Once more alas, mine has not yet sold. However, I got a request for the full manuscript of CrossTalk. I am to send it to Ann Leslie Tuttle, who is now acquiring for Harlequin Next. Yeah for me!

There were a record number of members attending the conference in Atlanta from my home chapter, Heart of Carolina Romance Writers. Many returned with requests for partials and fulls from editors and agents alike. A couple of chapter members got to meet with their agents for the very first time. All around, a most rewarding conference!

Of course, the highlight of any conference for me is seeing my critique group, the Hip and Edgy. CP Regan Black signed at the RWA Literacy For Life booksigning for the very first time. It was exciting for all of us! My other CPs, Tracy Leigh Brown and Kimberly Justen, put up with mad diva antics from both me and Regan. We may have been a little high on conference, but we certainly had a good time! And, by the way, our heads deflated enough to fit back into the vehicles taking us home, so no worries.

Now, off to finish making CrossTalk the next great Next novel. Wish me luck!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Sonja Foust said...

Luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home