Saturday, July 21, 2007

24-Hour Party People

It will not be surprising (given my penchant for discussing cows and strudel) that I am not really a party person. Except, that is, when I am at the RWA National conference. At conference, we all get to be someone else. Our public persona for a magical few days. I did that last week and had a fabulous time.



In the picture above, I was heading out to The Golden Network's annual Dessert Reception. There, I had the great pleasure of watching as my dear friends Jennie Lucas and Deb Marlowe were booted out - which is an honor! That is what we do to previous Golden Heart finalists once they are published. Believe me, I look forward to the boot!



And here I am dressed for the RITA/Golden Heart awards ceremony. It's rather like the Oscars, in that everyone dresses to the nines and there are teleprompters and larger-than-life pictures flashed on huge screens. Last year, it was thrilling to see my own image flashed on the screen. This year, I got an even bigger thrill:



My dear friend Deb Marlowe won the Golden Heart in Short Historical! It was an incredibly wonderful time for all of us who know and love Deb. I hope not to qualify for the Golden Heart next year. But if I do still qualify, I can only hope to have as joyous a time as Deb had. Congratulations to all the finalists and winners!

Does anyone have conference highs or lows to share? A great story? A triumph? Do tell!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home