Thursday, June 21, 2007

Adelboden Versus Mayberry

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm back from Switzerland and disconcerted to report that Adelboden has more cows than Mayberry could ever claim. There may be more cows than people. We were there during the time when they are moving the cows from the lower (winter) pastures to the higher (summer) pastures. The cows are marched right up the paved roads and, when necessary, through the middle of town! Needless to say, for someone born and raised in the suburbs, it was a change of pace.


But so gorgeous! If I ever get over the jet lag (which looks doubtful at this time) and get all my pictures uploaded to the web (looking even more dubious), I will post more travel tidbits. We did far too much to write about it all, but suffice to say that Switzerland is beautiful, clean and rustic and the Swiss are lovely and welcoming people.

Anyone else experienced the cow phenom in Switzerland or anywhere else?

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Caren Crane said...

By the way, that is an actual picture I took with my new Nikon camera that I posted. That is a view around Adelboden. Though you can't see the cows in this picture (only chalets and mountains), they are there!

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Sonja Foust said...

What a gorgeous picture! It's like a postcard! Ok, adding Switzerland to my list of places I must visit. Wow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home