Thursday, May 31, 2007

Switzerland or Bust

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am getting ready for a trip to Switzerland. Sounds cool, huh? The Swiss Alps and hot chocolate and Heidi and all. But we will not be staying in a city there. We will be in a rather out-of-the-way village in the mountains. There are no malls or convenience stores or fine restaurants. Kind of like someone coming to my part of the USA and going to, say, Mayberry, NC.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI fully expect that Switzerland's Mayberry will be far more picturesque than North Carolina's. Instead of Aunt Bea with her poufy bun, we will have Tante Bertilda with a crown of braids. Strudel rather than sticky buns. Weiner schnitzel rather than country fried steak. Bier rather than...well, maybe 'Bier' and 'beer' are pretty close. I anticipate most things, though, will be much cooler in Switzerland.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I intend to get a digital camera before this trip (to take pictures of people, not food - well, maybe food too). Yes, I am the only person on the planet who is not a professional photographer (or even an expert amateur) and still uses film. By using film and ordering my pictures on CD, I have avoided having to learn a whole new technology. But my digital-camera envy has surpassed my laziness and I am ready to take the plunge. Stay tuned for pictures of the trip when I return (eventually). I do have a Photobucket account, so I'm not completely Neanderthal about the picture thing.

So, is anyone else planning a great trip this summer? Got exciting plans that will make us writhe with jealousy? Let me know!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From someone who takes photos nearly every day (see www.cookingbytheseatofmypants.com), I would say you can't go wrong with a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Great for closeups, "normal" shots (anti-jitter, so no fuzzy pics) and has a good built in zoom as well.

 
At 6:42 PM , Blogger Caren Crane said...

Jerry, thanks for the recommendation! I ended up getting a Nikon CoolPix camera, which was really easy to use (my goal). The vacation pictures turned out great. I hope to get some posted soon. Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home